THE MENNO VAN DER VEEN CV IN SHORT
- 2016: start of the TubeSociety 2A3/300B-SE-amp project.
- 2016 till now: Schematics of the Trans-SE10 amplifier is completed. Now we are designing the nice casing.
2015 till now: development of a new DIY-kit called TRANS-SE10; 2 x 10 Watt with transconductance and all tube analog audio.
- 2015: German and English language versions of the “Vanderveen Trans Buizenversterkers” are available.
- 2014: New DIY-project called VATSEA with the TubeSociety students; a 2 x10 Watt SE amplifier with 6550 or KT120 plus ECC83 or ECF802 or BSP135.
- 2014: The Dutch language book “Vanderveen Trans Buizenversterkers” is completed.
- 2014: The book “Ontwerpen van Buizenversterkers” is translated into the Serbian language.
- 2014: ir. Bureau Vanderveen moves from Zwolle to Hichtum (in the north of the Netherlands).
- 2014: Development of transconductance based valve amplifiers as study project and preparation of a new range of Vanderveen Trans-amplifiers.
- 2013: Two new DVD masterclasses about a “one tube amplifier” in Dutch and German languages
- 2012: introduction of the mini electronic chokes (MEC-50 and MEC-100) together with Tentlabs
2012: First "Webinar" (seminar over the Web) with Elektor
2011: The Aurexx Project with students of TbeSociety (see Dutch version)
2011: Improvements on the Auto-Bias module in the time-domain
- 2010: Preparation of the book "High-End Valve Amplifiers 2" for English language publication
- 2010: English language valve masterclass available on DVD in cooperation with Elektor
- 2009: Market introduction of the Vanderveen E-choke in cooperation with Tentlabs
- 2009: Modifications of the MCML05 pre amplifier
- 2009: Dutch and German version of "High-End Valve Amplifiers" vailable as E-book
- 2009: Valve amp PR20HE as DIY-kit in cooperation with Amplimo
- 2009: Valve amp masterclasses in Germany in cooperation with Elektor
- 2009: German language valve masterclass available on DVD in cooperation with Elektor
- 2008: New research why auto-bias improves micro detail reproduction
- 2008: AES-paper of Menno plus Hans van Maanen about distortions in capacitors
- 2008: Start of the TubeSociety Compact training.
- 2008: Market introduction of the Vanderveen auto-bias circuit in cooperation with Tentlabs
- 2007: Dutch language valve masterclass available on DVD in cooperation with Elektor
- 2007: Publication of the German version "High-End Röhrenverstärker".
- 2007: Succesful TubeSociety year with students younger than 30.
- 2007: AES paper 7125 about low level micro detail reproduction at the threshold
- 2007: Masterclasses in Germany with Elektor.
- 2006: Masterclasses in The Netherlands with Elektuur.
- 2006: Publication of the Dutch version of "High-End Buizenversterkers
- 2005: Invention of the Super-Triode-2 circuit where local feedback is applied
with resistors between the anode and control grid of each power tube.
- 2005: Development and implementation of new Vanderveen EI output transformers
in Koch bass and guitar tube amplifiers.
- 2005: Finishing of the MCML05 tube pre amplifier with inputs for MC and
MD. Amplimo bv prepares this design for sales as a DIY-kit.
- 2005: Founding of "TubeSociety"; the new school for developers
of tube amplifiers. The school starts in January 2006.
- 2005: My second book about tube amplifiers is finished. Parts of this book
were published as a proof reading print on my web site. The book will be officially
published by Segment bv in 2006.
- 2005: Introduction and realization of "The Project", a new universal
system and tube amplifier with many topologies for guitar and high end. Introduction
and publication at the NAG (Dutch Acoustic Society), the AES convention in
Barcelona and audio societies in The Netherlands, publication on my site and
soon to appear in AudioXpress.
- 2005: First business exploration in Asia.
- 2004-....: start of the development of special audio transformers for musicians.
- 2004-....: sound studio and PA consultancy.
- 2003-....: start of new projects with musicians for dedicated electronic
- 2003-....: start of audio training courses "secrets of sound".
- 2000-2002: coordinator of a Green/Clean Power research, funded by the Canadian
Government. In this research "Low-Noise" and "Low-Inrush" and "Low-Leakage"
and "Narrow Bandwidth Technology" toroidal power transformers were developed
(see for details www.plitron.com).
- 1999: publication of my book "Modern High-End Valve Amplifiers ...." in
- 1996-2000: vice president and president of the Dutch Section of the Audio
Engineering Society (AES). In that period I also was the chief editor of the
25 years Dutch AES lustrum book and wrote five scientific papers where parts
of my research were published.
- 1998-....: founder of the CD-label "DCDC", in cooperation with Hans Goddijn.
- 1993-....: organization of international sales and production of the "Vanderveen"
toroidal audio transformers by factories in Northern Ireland and Canada.
- 1993-2002: consultant for Plitron Manufacturing Inc. in Toronto.
- 1987: publication of the DIY vacuum tube 100 Watt high-end amplifier.
- 1987-.....: many technical publications about my toroidal audio transformers
and vacuum tube amplifiers.
- 1986-....: founder of Ir. bureau Vanderveen, for my own research and study
and product development, with direct outlets to the audio market.
- 1986-1987: PA consultant for Duran Audio in Zaltbommel.
- 1985: publication of a special DIY vacuum tube guitar amplifier.
- 1985-....: development of "Vanderveen" high-end vacuum tube audio amplifiers.
- 1984-....: development of "Vanderveen" toroidal audio transformers.
- 1983: publication of the DIY circuit of my first combo guitar amplifier.
- 1982: my first publication about electronics in electric guitars.
- 1980-1984: freelance audio engineer at the Papenstraat Theater in Zwolle,
festival sound coordinator. Those days I started with implementing MLSSA measurement
techniques in theaters and open air festivals, maximum sound pressure levels
were monitored and kept below 80dBAspl to prevent ear damage, which was not
yet common practice (it still isn't).
- 1980-1995: reviewer of high-end audio and professional sound studio equipment
for the magazines HomeStudio and SoundCheck. Over 350 articles were written
in that period.
- 1979-1991: co-founder and teacher and head of the physics department of
the teachers training college at the Hogeschool Windesheim in Zwolle.
- 1976-1979: physics teacher at a high school in Delfzijl.
- 1976: graduated at the university (Engineering Physics), specialization
in the discipline of semiconductor electronics.